Stay Fit and Healthy
Eating Smart to Reduce Stress
We’re all familiar with stress induced eating binges. In today’s world it’s hard to avoid getting stressed out and you’re not always going to be able meditate or catch a stress reducing yoga class in the middle of a busy work day when you only have time to scoff down a quick bag of chips. Instead, pack one of these stress-relieving foods while you’re on the go, and we promise it will help you mellow out..
1. Avocados: The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says that one of the best ways to lower blood pressure is to consume adequate potassium. The monounsaturated fats and potassium in avocados help to lower blood pressure, making you feel calmer throughout the day.
2. Oranges: Not only are oranges a delicious healthy snack, but they’re also packed with Vitamin C. Vitamin C has been found to reduce stress and return blood pressure to normal levels after you face a sticky situation. Plus, it is an immune system booster, helping to prevent common sicknesses.
3. Blueberries: Concentrated with antioxidants, blueberries go straight to a sluggish and stressed-out brain faster than a triple shot of caffeine. Like oranges, they are also filled with Vitamin C, saving you the added stress of an oncoming cold.
4. Asparagus: High in folic acid, these green veggies are sure to boost your mood. When you get stressed out, your body releases hormones that can get you on the down side. Folic acid is needed to make serotonin, which is the “happiness chemical” that directly affects your mood in a positive way.
5. Sushi: You may just think of it as the typical girl’s-night-out staple, but sushi is packed with feel-good serotonin and melatonin, which are chemically related neurotransmitters responsible for regulating mood and health. Also, the rice in the rolls gives you the ideal carbs-to-protein ratio, which will keep you full longer and bust your anxiety.
Be the first to add your comments
Comment on this article
Login to submit a comment
What we offer
GajGal is an expanding community of mothers helping mothers. Our motto “Get a Job | Get a Life” is based on the belief that for mothers wanting to get back into the workforce, finding a job with “the right level” of flexibility, empowers working mothers to live life on their own terms and better control their own destiny.
GajGal aims to address this “new reality” through four core components:
- 1. Job Search and Matching tools to streamline finding the perfect fit for flexible work arrangements.
- 2. Access to Benefits that in the traditional work environment have been provided by full time employers. GajGal helps to provide a critical mass of members to ensure access to a range of benefits options that we are continually working to expand and improve on.
- 3. Working Mother Community to provide access to news, blogs and articles of interest and importance to working mothers and a social networking community that working mothers can interact with and draw on for support.
- 4. The Entrepreneur Zone is for mothers aiming to start their own business and expand on the concepts of working mothers helping working mothers succeed.
“Using your Benefits link made it easy to select from a wide range of health insurance offerings and narrow down the various plans available that best fit my needs. Being able to make a side by side comparison of the details further helped me make an informed decision on a plan with great rates. The application is swift and uncomplicated”
“ WOW this is a fantastic idea aimed at a true need. I have had a hard time preparing to go back to work after staying home with my two kids for the past 4 years. I am so excited to start adding my requirements and get started on the search. The Latest News and Benefits are an excellent idea. I would come here to read this even if I wasn't looking for a job right now”