What's it like working from home
What’s it like to work from home?
For 2 years I worked from home part time for Marketing Company – when people asked me what work I did I told them I worked part time out of the home – the response was always the same:
1. “How lucky! You can put a load of washing on and unpack the dishwasher while on a conference call.”
2. “Do you actually get any work done or do you surf the internet all day?”
3. “Do you get to wear your pajamas all day”?
How I responded changed over time. At first it was easy to get distracted, but soon enough I found myself working as soon as I woke up – saving time on a commute and eating lunch at my desk at home and working long after 5pm when most of my colleagues had left for the day.
A survey shows that working from home the most common distractions are as follows:
When asked to list the biggest distractions of working from home:
Who’s actually wearing their pajamas to work?
When asked where they feel most productive:
Be the first to add your comments
Comment on this article
Login to submit a comment
What we offer
GajGal is an expanding community of mothers helping mothers. Our motto “Get a Job | Get a Life” is based on the belief that for mothers wanting to get back into the workforce, finding a job with “the right level” of flexibility, empowers working mothers to live life on their own terms and better control their own destiny.
GajGal aims to address this “new reality” through four core components:
- 1. Job Search and Matching tools to streamline finding the perfect fit for flexible work arrangements.
- 2. Access to Benefits that in the traditional work environment have been provided by full time employers. GajGal helps to provide a critical mass of members to ensure access to a range of benefits options that we are continually working to expand and improve on.
- 3. Working Mother Community to provide access to news, blogs and articles of interest and importance to working mothers and a social networking community that working mothers can interact with and draw on for support.
- 4. The Entrepreneur Zone is for mothers aiming to start their own business and expand on the concepts of working mothers helping working mothers succeed.
“Using your Benefits link made it easy to select from a wide range of health insurance offerings and narrow down the various plans available that best fit my needs. Being able to make a side by side comparison of the details further helped me make an informed decision on a plan with great rates. The application is swift and uncomplicated”
“ WOW this is a fantastic idea aimed at a true need. I have had a hard time preparing to go back to work after staying home with my two kids for the past 4 years. I am so excited to start adding my requirements and get started on the search. The Latest News and Benefits are an excellent idea. I would come here to read this even if I wasn't looking for a job right now”