Latest News & Current Events
Will more Women Governors lead a path to the White House?
Back in 1998, as co-founder of the now-closed White House Project, which trained women to run for high office, Barbara Lee realized that the surest route to electing a future female president was for more women to win governorships. So she started the nonpartisan Barbara Lee Family Foundation to provide the research and other tools that would get more women into the political pipeline.
The result: when the Foundation started, only 16 women had ever served as governor in the U.S. Today that number has more than doubled to 35. Here, she shares her wisdom on women and winning.
1. More women in office is good for everyone.
2. Women deliver the goods.
3. Being a woman is a plus.
4. It's time for a woman president.
5. As Hillary says, don't give up.
Be the first to add your comments
Comment on this article
Login to submit a comment
What we offer
GajGal is an expanding community of mothers helping mothers. Our motto “Get a Job | Get a Life” is based on the belief that for mothers wanting to get back into the workforce, finding a job with “the right level” of flexibility, empowers working mothers to live life on their own terms and better control their own destiny.
GajGal aims to address this “new reality” through four core components:
- 1. Job Search and Matching tools to streamline finding the perfect fit for flexible work arrangements.
- 2. Access to Benefits that in the traditional work environment have been provided by full time employers. GajGal helps to provide a critical mass of members to ensure access to a range of benefits options that we are continually working to expand and improve on.
- 3. Working Mother Community to provide access to news, blogs and articles of interest and importance to working mothers and a social networking community that working mothers can interact with and draw on for support.
- 4. The Entrepreneur Zone is for mothers aiming to start their own business and expand on the concepts of working mothers helping working mothers succeed.
“Using your Benefits link made it easy to select from a wide range of health insurance offerings and narrow down the various plans available that best fit my needs. Being able to make a side by side comparison of the details further helped me make an informed decision on a plan with great rates. The application is swift and uncomplicated”
“ WOW this is a fantastic idea aimed at a true need. I have had a hard time preparing to go back to work after staying home with my two kids for the past 4 years. I am so excited to start adding my requirements and get started on the search. The Latest News and Benefits are an excellent idea. I would come here to read this even if I wasn't looking for a job right now”