What is GajGal?
The world of work has fundamentally changed in the past few years and this change is continuing to expand into a new approach to employment.
- Employers are increasingly reluctant to hire full time employees with their resultant long term costs, training and skills development commitments.
- Employees have seen, through the recent recession, that loyalty and access to big company benefits are not guaranteed, even for experienced top performers.
In the “New World of Work”
- Companies want access to highly skilled staff with more flexibility to capitalize on individuals experience and skills for specific workloads without the increased burden of full time staff commitments.
- Individuals would love the flexibility and lifestyle benefits to work more on their own terms, but at the same time need access to Benefits such as Healthcare, Insurance, retirement savings and financial products that traditionally come with full time employment.
Many mothers with solid work experience have left their full time careers to start a family and would like to return to work, but on their own terms.
- Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly dies at 92
- Abortion clinic 'buffer zones' struck down
- 50M Global refugees - Highest since WWII
- The 10 most corrupt US states
- India Police fired over hanged girls
- Women do ask for pay rises they just have less success
- How To Deal With Internet Trolls
- Brownie cupcakes with peanut butter Oreo centers
- A Little Known Robin Williams Story
- 34 weeks pregnant - Montano runs 800 at US Champs
What we offer
GajGal is an expanding community of mothers helping mothers. Our motto “Get a Job | Get a Life” is based on the belief that for mothers wanting to get back into the workforce, finding a job with “the right level” of flexibility, empowers working mothers to live life on their own terms and better control their own destiny.
GajGal aims to address this “new reality” through four core components:
- 1. Job Search and Matching tools to streamline finding the perfect fit for flexible work arrangements.
- 2. Access to Benefits that in the traditional work environment have been provided by full time employers. GajGal helps to provide a critical mass of members to ensure access to a range of benefits options that we are continually working to expand and improve on.
- 3. Working Mother Community to provide access to news, blogs and articles of interest and importance to working mothers and a social networking community that working mothers can interact with and draw on for support.
- 4. The Entrepreneur Zone is for mothers aiming to start their own business and expand on the concepts of working mothers helping working mothers succeed.
“Using your Benefits link made it easy to select from a wide range of health insurance offerings and narrow down the various plans available that best fit my needs. Being able to make a side by side comparison of the details further helped me make an informed decision on a plan with great rates. The application is swift and uncomplicated”
“ WOW this is a fantastic idea aimed at a true need. I have had a hard time preparing to go back to work after staying home with my two kids for the past 4 years. I am so excited to start adding my requirements and get started on the search. The Latest News and Benefits are an excellent idea. I would come here to read this even if I wasn't looking for a job right now”